UNIBEN JUPEB FORM FOR 2019/2020 IS OUT
In collaboration with JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for 2019/2020 Session.
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “0” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE, (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB)
All the combinations shown in the table below meet the entry requirements for direct admission into
Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU,
UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, and UNIPORT etc.
THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATION ARE AVAILABLE
1 ART Government/Literature in English/Christian
History/Literature in English/Christian Religious
Economics/Government/Literature in English
2 Education All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
3 Management Science Economics/Government/Mathematics
4 Law Government/Literature in English/Christian
5 Life Science Biology/Chemistry/Physics
6 Physical Science Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
7 Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy/Nursing Biology/Chemistry/Physics
8 Engineering Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
9 Agricultural Science Agricultural Science/ Biology/Chemistry
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly a non residential programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
The procedure for the 2019/2020 University Benin Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board
(JUPEB), Entry Screening application is as follows:
The procedure for application is as follows:
1. Visit www.uniben.edu Or uniben.waeup.org
2. Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process
(not the cyber-cafe’s mail).
3. Click on JUPEB Pre-Degree Studies 2019/2020
4. Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
5. Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
6. An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
7. Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
8. On uniben.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
9. Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
10. To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ and provide all required
information and upload your passport photograph.
11. Upload a clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format
only. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates
throughout their stay in the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT
PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUAILIFICATION AND FAILURE/FORFEITURE OF ADMISSION
12. To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then
click on “Pay with Remita” on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the
application fee of N15,000.00 (The fee excludes other charges for Past questions and Portal
Services of N2000.00) with an ATM-Enabled Visa or Master Card from any commercial Bank.
13. Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application on-line.
14. You cannot edit your application after submission.
15. Print out the Application slip.
MODE OF STUDY:
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin, Lectures will be conducted from
8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
(i) Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after
(ii) Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
(iii) Only coloured print out will be accepted.
(iv) Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size
photograph printed in colour
(v) Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject
combinations relevant to their course of study.
APPLICATION START DATE:
Application website will be open by 7am on Monday July 1st 2019.
CLOSING DATE :
Application website closes by Midnight on Sunday 1st September 2019. (i.e all applications must be
concluded online not later than 1st September 2019). Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit
for the examination.
1. Admission into various JUPEB programmes shall be through entrance examination to be
conducted between 6th and 7th September 2019. The Screening test shall be computer-based.
2. Candidates should go back on-line on Wednesday 4th September 2019 to check for the Day,
Venue and Time for their examination.
Mrs. O. A. Oshodin